Welcome to this series on
My goal with this series is to provide information and inspiration to help you feel great! To help you build thriving health. There is so much good we can do in the world and happiness to enjoy when we feel well.
See the end of this article for links to additional articles in this series.
Hey Friend! Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- Your heart grips in fear as you spiral into another bout of anxiety. Your emotional strength has bottomed out. You can’t think clearly. Dread swallows you up. You wonder why you can’t handle even the small stresses of your life.
- Out hiking your legs and lungs are burning. Each step feels like your legs are lead. You wonder what happened to your endurance and stamina? Why do you feel so tired?
- It’s late afternoon and your family is starting to rummage through the fridge. What can you make for a quick, healthy dinner for your family? The hamburger in the freezer is frozen hard as a rock and the fridge looks like a leftovers cemetery. You don’t even know where to begin throwing a healthy dinner together. “Let’s go out for dinner,” you suggest.
- You feel discouraged by the pain in your joints, the headaches, the feeling of general malaise. Most days you don’t really feel good. You despair at your loss of health but aren’t sure where to start to even begin feeling better. Are you just destined to be one of the statistics of chronically ill people that suffer through each day?
Anxiety. Stress. Exhaustion. Overwhelmed. Giving up and giving in. Feeling chronically ill and unwell.
These are all the opposite of Abundance.
Instead, you want vitality, vibrant energy, and a sense of well being. You want confidence in building health for you and your family. Do you know where to start?
My Friend, I really understand! I have lived each of these scenarios at different times in my life.
In my search for better health I was guided to answers and an action plan based on true principles that sustained me through the hardest year of my life and provided abundance even amidst illness, intense stress, and loss.
I want to share those principles with you to help you achieve abundant health too.
What I want to share with you is not another fad diet.
Not deprivation or a changing trend.
But true principles that are scripturally based and supported by science and research. Principles you can count on, personalize, and build your foundation of health on.
Friend, you can feel better physically and emotionally:
- You can gain strength and wellness.
- You can overcome problems with anxiety and depression.
- You can heal from disease.
- You can protect yourself against illness.
- You can have a sense of well-being.
Living the Principles of Abundant Health I’ll teach you in this series can help you get there!
To begin I want to make sure we are on the same page about some definitions.
What are principles?
What do I mean by a principle? Here’s a definition I love:
“Principles are concentrated truth, packaged for application to a wide variety of circumstances. A true principle makes decisions clear even under the most confusing and compelling circumstances.”
– Richard G. Scott
Principles are truth! An enduring law or rule that we can use to make decisions in a wide variety of circumstances. Application is not principle. Application is how we apply a principle.There are lots of variations of application of true principles.
What is Abundant Health?
Abundant health includes physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well being. These aspects of ourselves are interconnected and interdependent. We are a soul – a body and a spirit intertwined and inseparably connected. We are a whole being and abundant health includes our whole selves.
Abundant health includes:
- Physical strength, energy, and vitality to work, play, and serve.
- Steady faith, hope, peace, and joy even amidst physical trial.
- A clear and active mind that can discern and understand truth, knowledge, and wisdom.
Principles of abundant health then are truths for achieving health that can be applied in a variety of individualized ways. They will help you make the best health decisions because you see clearly through confusing and competing information about what builds and protects health.
If you understand a principle, how you can apply it, and what it’s consequences are, then you are in a place of freedom to choose and act in powerful ways.
Often we’re stuck in unhealthy habits because we don’t know what will truly bring health. We’re in a place of bondage to bad ideas! And there’s no lack of bad ideas out there in the world about what brings health and wellness.
Principles of Abundant Health:
Through this series we will explore the following principles of abundant health and I will show you how to apply them in your life:
- Eat a high plant-based diet .
- Eat food that has been properly prepared in traditional ways.
- Faith hope and charity heal.
- Eliminate toxins, poisons, addictive substances and behaviors.
- Fast regularly.
- Health is built line upon line, precept upon precept.
- Good health requires hard work, takes time and effort, and it’s OK.
- Movement is medicine.
- Act, don’t be acted upon.
- Live in hopeful anticipation for fulfillment of promised blessings.
Imagine your health is like a bank account. The idea is to build up plenty of what it takes to live a long, full, joyful healthy life – to have the strength, wellness, and power to live life to the fullest and accomplish all you need and want to do in your life.
Living each of these principles of abundant health is like making a deposit into your Abundant Health bank account. By default, life alone will take out withdrawals on your health: stress, illness, toxins in your environment, and simply the aging of your physical body. By not acting you are already running out of health. But by acting intentionally and purposefully you can build health faster than life takes it away. You can build a “health” nest egg that you can depend on to take you through this life with the most health and wellness as you possibly can.
In this series I’ll teach you how to build up that Abundant Health bank account – what these principles are and how to joyfully apply them in your life.
Principles with a Promise
There is something really important to understand before we dive into these principles: principles of abundant health are principles with a promise!
- Knowing this will help you do the hard work necessary to build health and make lasting changes.
- It will help you not give up when it gets hard and when results don’t come as fast as you want them to.
- It will make a world of difference in your commitment and hope.
- It’s the difference between a casual effort and a life-changing lifestyle that you’ll stick to long enough to reap the benefits.
Understanding this is a HUGE GAME CHANGER in building abundant health!
In scripture God promises us certain abundant blessings when we follow certain laws. I call it the “if/then” principle. As you study the scriptures looking for them, you will find them everywhere, sometimes with the words “if” and “then” surrounding the principle and promise. Often the “if” and “then” is suggested and you have to go back in the verses and search a little more to find the principle and the promised blessing.
It’s exciting to search out and collect principles and their corresponding promises! They are like perfect instructions to tapping into God’s greatest blessings.
This “if/then” principle is explained in scripture:
“There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated — And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.”
~Doctrine and Covenants 130:20-21.
Principles with a Promise for Abundant Health
I’ve learned that God’s Laws contain spectacular and breathtaking blessings for abundant health. If we want the blessings of Abundant Health, we can search out and find the laws that health and wellness are based on and live them.
This knowledge alone leads to abundance: hope, courage to endure, strength, and peace, even when gaining health is a two-step forward, one-step back process. You can remain hopeful because you know God’s promises are sure.
Here are a just a few examples of principles with a promise I’ve found in scripture about what God has to say about health and wellness:
(If you want to study MORE principles with a promise about health and wellness from scripture, I created a study sheet from my notes on this subject that includes my collection of principles with a promise surrounding health and wellness I’ve found so far in my studies. I’m happy to share them with you. You can grab it below. It’s my gift to you for FREE.)
we want these Promised blessings…
we need to live these Principles…
|Health to spring forth speedily, discernment, strength, vitality||Participate in God’s law of the fast.||Isaiah 58:1-12|
|Strength and vigor of body, Protection against disease, and Wisdom and great treasures of knowledge||Abstain from alcoholic beverages, strong drink (caffeinated drinks like coffee, green and black teas), tobacco.
Eat wholesome herbs (fruits and vegetables) with prudence and thanksgiving.
Eat flesh of beasts sparingly and with thanksgiving.
Eat whole grains.
Walk in obedience to God’s commandments.
|Doctrine & Covenants 89|
|Renewed strength – run and not be weary, walk and not faint||Wait upon the Lord||Isaiah 40:31|
|Life to your soul, safety,
|Gain wisdom, understanding, and knowledge.||Proverbs 3:19-24|
|Have energy and be invigorated in mind and body, not be weary.||Do not sleep longer than is needful, go to bed early and arise early.||Doctrine & Covenants 88:124|
Wow! Those are amazing blessings right!
Those are also weighty laws to follow.
How do you translate living those principles into practical application in real life?
It could feel overwhelming.
No worries, Friend! I’m here to help you sort through it and make sense of it. I have lots of ideas and ways to help you!
What is your “Why”?
Understanding principles with a promise fills my heart with hopeful anticipation for promised blessings! I hope you are feeling hopeful and excited to learn more and make some changes for better health. But first it will be helpful to do some soul searching.
Why do you want abundant health? How bad do you want it?
This picture of me kayaking with my daughter shows my why: I want to be able to do the things I love with the people I love and serve with my whole heart, might, mind, and strength.
- Are you tired of feeling too tired to live joyfully and do the things you love?
- Do you want to live free from anxiety and crushing stress in your life?
- Do you want to better nourish your body so you are stronger, healthier, and have greater vitality?
- Do you want to provide better health for your family?
What is your why?
Think about it and write it down. Keep it where you’ll see it often. Refer to it to keep you motivated.
Remind yourself often of your “why” and trust God that his promises are sure. It will be fuel for the hard work of building health ahead.
A Word of Love
Friend, be kind to yourself! Don’t feel overwhelmed. Build health one step at a time. By small and simple things great things can come to pass. Each tiny change for good will bless you and your family!
And a Little Tough Love
Don’t put it off! Why wait for disease to strike before making changes for better health? Starting to live these principes now will increase your abundance that much sooner. It’s hard to feel joy and happiness let alone accomplish all the good you want to do in the world if you feel sick, tired, and stressed out. What is holding you back? Pray for commitment and be determined to make changes that will bless you and your family starting today! You can do it! And I’m here to help you!
Of course, I need to include the disclaimer: I am not a doctor or nutrition professional, so follow my advice at your own risk. The information in this series is meant for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute professional health advice. I have personally studied and researched, and through my own experience I have found that living these principles has led to abundant health for me. In the end you are responsible for your own health decisions. I hope something I offer can help you on your way!
Although I can testify of the power and truth of these principles, I am not perfect at living them. I need greater diligence sometimes! However I have learned a lot and have been greatly blessed by these principles. I am happy to share with you all I’ve learned.
What’s in the Series?
Here’s a roadmap of where we will be going in this series:
- What is the best diet for Abundant Health?
- I’ll tell you my story of how how principles of abundant health sustained me during the hardest year of my life.
- What you think, feel, and believe affect the degree of abundant health you experience.
- The things you’ve got to get rid of to have abundant health.
- The things you need to add to your life to achieve abundant health.
You can find my favorite resources that I highly recommend at the end of each article. You’ll also find lots of ideas and support in future posts under the Health & Wellness tab of this website.
Read the entire series to learn more about these principles of abundant health. As you do, I invite you to pray and seek inspiration. Which ones light up your soul with a neon arrow directing you to take action? Take notes as the inspiration comes. Pray about how to apply these principles in your own life. Application looks different for each person. At this website I’ll give you lots of ideas of how I apply them. It will be so much fun to see how YOU will apply them in your own life! Are you ready? You’ve got this! Let’s get started.
Grab your FREE study guide here!
Do you want to study more Principles with a Promise for Abundant Health? There so many more than I could include here! I’ve been collecting them for a long time and am happy to share my full collection with you in this study guide. I’ll also send you notes of inspiration and ideas for living life more abundantly in your inbox. Hey Friend, you’ve got this!
Read the entire series:
No links yet? Coming soon! 🙂
- Principles of Abundant Health: An Introduction
- My Story: How Living Principles of Abundant Health Saved Me
- The Ultimate Guide to Healthy Eating: 5 Proven Principles
- How to Prepare Foods for Greatest Health
- Healthy Eating Strategies for Success & How to Get Started
- Spiritual Connections to Abundant Health
- The Things You’ve Gotta Get Rid of for Abundant Health
- How Fasting Regularly Brings Abundance
- Movement is Medicine
- Abundant Health Mindset
Want more abundance in your life?
Of course you do!
Subscribe to my almost-weekly newsletter so we can stay in touch. I’ll send you love letters full of inspiration, encouragement, and ideas for living life more abundantly.
Hey Friend, you’ve got this!
Yes! Please send me the Abundance Toolkit!