Hey Friend! Feeling worried and stressed about the coronavirus pandemic? Or angry at the interuption to life because of all the hysteria?
Either way you probably feel abundance (peace, hope, joy) slipping through your fingers during these trying times. I want you to know, however you’re processing this craziness, it’s OK and it’s going to be OK. Here are some resources to help you feel more
Hope & Comfort.
Also check out the BONUS video and FREE resource below to help you live life more abundantly even during difficult times.
In this post I want to give you information to help you find abundance again even in the midst of this global scare. There are things you CAN do to protect yourself and your loved ones. Things that will DRASTICALLY strengthen your immune system and build up your own ability to fight the COVID-19 coronavirus or anything else that could steal your health and wellness.
I’ll also share with you what I’m doing in preparation and pro-action.
But first I have a story. A life or death story.
On Monday, just a few days ago, I sat in the hospital waiting while my husband had exploratory surgery with a scope to view his arteries to see if he needed stents. For almost a year he’s had troubling symptoms that no test could resolve. Only a half hour into an hour and forty-five minute procedure the doctor came to the room looking grave.
“It’s not good,” he said and my vision tunnelled around me.
Four of his arteries were 100% blocked. A fifth was blocked 85%. They took him to the Intensive Care Unit and wouldn’t let him even stand for fear he would have a heart attack until they could perform the open heart surgery with 5 bypasses the next day.
Unexpected open-heart surgery with five bypasses (!!!)
Just like that my world turned upside down.
I was in shock. I wanted to kick and scream and have a tantrum. I DID NOT WANT this for him or for him to suffer. But I didn’t like the alternative either. I fought engulfing fear and worry.
But miracles happened, I was blessed with JOY and HOPE that has carried me through. And best of all, HE WOKE UP, the surgery was a success, and he’s recovering just as he should. It’s been so hard but we’re making it through. He came home today.
[UPDATE] Here in this video I made a week later I tell the story of all the miracles in greater detail.
Meanwhile, the rest of the world went crazy.
Because of the global pandemic scare over the COVID-19 virus, the governor of our state closed our schools and asked churches to suspend meetings, all community events and activities are cancelled, and we’re staying home keeping a safe social distance from everyone in an effort to keep the virus at bay. Our world as we knew it came to a screetching halt. Crazy!
As I was at the store picking up a few necessities the day of the closures (along with the rest of the state) the old REM song played in my mind, “It’s the end of the world as we know it….”
This week is EXACTLY the end of the world as I’ve known it for a while.
But I smiled at the irony and truth as the sentence of the song finished in my mind, “…and I FEEL FINE.”
I do feel fine. Yes, I’ve cycled through my share of panic and worry this week. But I feel an underlying peace and comfort. Even in the midst of this difficult week and all the stress, I feel ABUNDANCE. Friend, I hope you do too! It’s all OK and going to work out.
I want to help you as much as I can!
As I’ve thought about how I can help you in these troubling times, many of the articles on my website have come to mind. At times when abundance feels far away there are SO MANY THINGS we can do to bring back peace, joy, and hope.
That’s what this website is all about!
Here are some links to articles you can find here on my website to help you right now.
PROTECT YOUR FAMILY FROM ILLNESS
- If you want to protect your family from illness, the best defense you have is to boost their immune systems. A terrific way to do this is by eating more fruits and vegetables, eating kefir and cultured vegetables, and STOP eating processed junk food that actually stops your immune system from functioning like it should. Don’t just take my word for it, you can read what this expert has to say about how cultured foods are a powerful anti-flu fighter. And I show you just how to make these cultured foods in the above articles.
FEEL JOY & PEACE INSTEAD OF ANXIETY & DISTRESS
- If you want to feel more peace and joy during this intense time of the world instead of stressing out so much, learning how to control your negative thoughts and emotions is a HUGE first step. Teach your children and family these principles to help them cope with the anxieties of the pandemic scare.
- Sickness can be a trigger for many for anxiety and panic attacks. Here are a bunch of ways you can help yourself or loved ones who may be feeling anxious or panicky about the craziness in the world right now.
- When something as big as a global pandemic scare happens it’s easy to think the WORST is going to happen. Our minds ruminate over all the worst case scenarios and in doing so steal our peace. Overcome panic, anxiety, and depression by recognizing the cycle of catastrophic thinking here and learning strategies you can use to STOP the spiral into catastrophic thinking here.
HOW TO COPE WITH DIFFICULT LIFE CHANGES
- For some this global health scare has disrupted life only temporarily. But the economic or health fallout may affect others in bigger life-altering ways. Whether it’s the pandemic scare or open-heart surgery, sometimes our lives are turned upside down and we have to figure out how to go on. This article can help.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF THIS TIME AT HOME WITH YOUR FAMILY
I see this time of the world slowing down as a blessing and opportunity for us to pull our families close. We have so many distractions that scatter our families. With those distractions gone (school closures, working from home options, church and community activities and meetings cancelled) we are going to have more family time together. WHAT AN UNPRECEDENTED OPPORTUNITY! Nothing like this has ever happened to me in my lifetime.
I want to take advantage of this precious time together. My family will be rallying around my husband helping him heal.
Here are some great ways to connect witih your family in meaningful ways right now:
- Create a family mission statement.
- Pull all the books off your shelves and have a family read-a-thon. Read aloud as a family. Bring out all the old favorites from childhood, even the picture books. Nothing brings a family closer than a good snuggle on the couch with a good book.
- Create journals! I find that even in the hardest of times my journal acts as a best friend and confidant and creative outlet. It could be that for you and your family members too! Here’s a picture of some journaling I did in the hospital this week by my husband’s side.
What am I doing in preparation and pro-action?
I’m gathering my kids around me to chop and dice veggies to make lots of yummy variations of cultured veggies. Each jar is good in the fridge for 9 months and are potent flu fighters.
I’m making extra kefir to have plenty on hand.
I’m embracing the opportunity to HOME-IN with my family and connect in deeper ways.
I’m practicing having an ABUNDANT mindset by focusing on my faith and hope instead of fear and worry.
I’m taking sanitary precautions (washing hands, limiting visitors, and avoiding crowded places).
I’m taking it one day at a time looking for the good and not focusing on the bad.
I’m looking for ways to help others and to help calm their fears.
I’m feeling grateful for the many MIRACLES that have already happened that make our lives so good, even in difficult times: modern medicine, technology so we can stay connected to others from the safety of our homes, running water, books, scripture, food that builds our bodies and fights infections, family, hope in the Savior Jesus Christ, and life itself.
Take care my friend! You’ve got this! It’s all going to be all right. Just as I received hope and joy during the upheaval of my husband’s open-heart surgery this week, you CAN feel hope and joy while your world seems to be turned upside down right now. Abundance is yours to claim even in difficult times.
Please send this link to this article on to anyone who needs this information right now.
We’re all in this together and we can get through anything as we love and support each other. I’d love to help with any information that will help them during this time of uncertainty and upheaval.
Feeling worried and stressed? You’re not alone. We’ve all been there! But I’ve got great news for you my Friend. Watch the video for a virtual hug and words of encouragement from me. You’ve got this!
Yes! Please send the Abundance Toolkit to me.
Hey Friend, do you want to feel more hope, joy, and peace in your life? Start with the Abundance Toolkit.
The ABUNDANCE TOOLKIT can help you quiet the worry and live life more abundantly.
It’s my FREE gift to you. Just grab it here.
Yes! Please send the Abundance Toolkit to me.
The Abundant Toolkit is my gift to you when you sign up to receive inspirational notes from me in your inbox (don’t worry! I’ll only send great stuff and never send spam!). When you sign up you’ll have access to my private Gifts for You Collection here at my website where I keep the Abundance Toolkit and a whole lot of other awesome resources to help you live life more abundantly.
What’s in the Abundance Toolkit?
13 page printable workbook.
3 tools to help you identify and apply principles of abundance in your life right now.
Questions to help you determine where you’re out of balance with abundance.
Specific and personal actions you can take to live life more abundantly starting today.